Add a little zing to this gross Halloween recipe and scare your guests with delight. These make the perfect Halloween appetizer and depending on the peppers used you can take it up or down a notch in spiciness. You can also make them lowfat as well substituting with lowfat cream cheese or even cottage cheese. Prepare a head of time and just pop them in the oven just as guests start to arrive so they are nice a warm and ready to eat. Serve them with our sweet ‘Gooey Bloody Dipping Sauce‘ or decorate with a little cheese pus on the outside for a super special treat.*If you are not in the mood to cook, you can always buy frozen and use them as well 😉
Gross Pus Filled Peppers Ingredients:
* 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
* 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
* 12 ounces jalapeno peppers, seeded and halved
* 1 cup milk
* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 cup dry bread crumbs
* 2 quarts oil for frying
Gross Pus Filled Peppers Directions:
* In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese and Cheddar cheese. Spoon this mixture into the jalapeno pepper halves.
* Put the milk and flour into two separate small bowls. Dip the stuffed jalapenos first into the milk then into the flour, making sure they are well coated with each. Allow the coated jalapenos to dry for about 10 minutes.
* Dip the jalapenos in milk again and roll them through the breadcrumbs. Allow them to dry, then repeat to ensure the entire surface of the jalapeno is coated.
* In a medium skillet, heat the oil to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C). Deep fry the coated jalapenos 2 to 3 minutes each, until golden brown. Remove and let drain on a paper towel.