Looking for a super creepy simple Halloween dessert for your next Party? How about brain food… literally! This easy brain jello mold recipe is super simple and really fun to have out at your party. Kids love it and adults will freak at your creation.
* Three large, 6 ounce boxes of peach or watermelon flavored gelatin for flesh toned color.
* One 12 ounce can of lite evaporated skimmed milk (99.5% fat free). No other milk will work!
* Oil Cooking Spray (to lubricate the plastic mold)
* Green Food Coloring
* Three ½ cups of water(2 ½ cups boiled, 1 cup cold)
* Spray a small amount of vegetable oil inside of the cavity of the plastic mold. Wipe off any excess oil.
* Place gelatin from the boxes into a large bowl and add 2 ½ cups of boiling water. Stir gelatin with a whisk until it is completely dissolved.
* Stir in one cup of cold water.
* Add skimmed milk and stir for two minutes. (If a clear brain is desired, leave out the skimmed milk and add an additional 1 ½ cups of cold water)
* Add a few drops of green food coloring to produce the flesh tone color, re-stir.
* Pour gelatin mixture into the plastic brain mold.
* Leave approximately one inch space from the top of the mold.
* Place mold in fridge carefully. You can wrap a towel around the bottom of the mold to keep the mold upright.
* Refrigerator overnight.
Extracting the Jello Brain From the Mold:
*Carefully shake the mold until the gelatin is loosened from the plastic mold.
* Put on a cooking glove, and place the open palm of your hand on the top of the gelatin, and turn the mold over.
* Shake the mold again.
* Continue to carefully shake the mold until the brain plops out onto your gloved hand.
* Place mold onto a plate or a platter.
* Cover the mold with a plastic food wrap and return the mold to the refrigerator until you are ready to put it on display and serve it.
Grab a creepy looking Plastic Brain Jello Mold brain mold from Amazon along with a few other fun body parts or costumes you might like! To make more brains, just clean out the mold and start again- you can use any flavor mold or add some creepy liquid red jello over the top for a really gross Halloween recipe. Have fun and get the kids involved with it and watch them as the jello pops out- so much fun. You can also add fruit or nuts inside the mold- so experiment and enjoy.