Everyone loves cupcakes during the Halloween season, and these gruesome and creepy cupcakes are the perfect addition to any Halloween or Twilight party. These yummy desserts are so easy and so much fun to make, you can use your favorite cupcake recipe or the delicious white cake with vanilla frosting below.
You can even use store bought cupcake mix and vanilla or butter cream frosting for a quick yet gross Halloween recipe mix. I love the simple look of white cupcakes with white frosting mixed with the cherry pie filling to give it a delicious flavor and a spooky ‘bite’.
White Cupcake Ingredients:
* 1 cup butter, softened
* 3 cups white sugar
* 7 eggs
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 cup sour cream
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place cupcake liners in 18 cupcake holders.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and baking powder, add to the creamed mixture and mix until all of the flour is absorbed. Finally, stir in the sour cream. Mix for 1 or 2 minutes just to be sure there are no lumps. Pour the batter into the prepared cupcake tin.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly brown on the top. Be careful not to overcook.
1 can cherry pie filling
Cherry Filling Directions:
You can either use the filling as is, or place it into a blender to puree. Depending on the flavor you are looking for you can a bit of sugar to the mixture or not. Have some fun with the recipe and enjoy.
Vanilla Frosting Ingredients:
* 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
* 1 cup shortening
* 2 egg whites
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* 2 1/2 tablespoons cake flour
* 1/4 cup low-fat milk
* 2 drops any color food coloring (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, shortening, egg whites, salt, vanilla, flour and milk. Beat with an electric mixer, gradually increasing to high speed, until light, fluffy and smooth, about 5 minutes.
Final Bloody Vampire Cupcake Assembly
After the cupcakes are baked and completely cooled, take a paring or small knife and cut a small hole out of the center of each cupcake. Spoon the cherry filling into the cavity left in the cupcake. Then, using the leftover pieces of cake plug the hole and frost as usual. When your guests bite into the cakes, the “blood” will come seeping out!
For added effect, use a toothpick to dribble a little more “blood” on the frosting, like a vampire bite.